Thursday, June 17, 2010

Minikamp!

Exciting things are coming up at Bethel! Next week we will host a minicamp in the afternoons, to give adults intensive English practice. An older couple from Canada will be running the camp. They are coming in from Canada on Sunday, giving us a day to prepare before classes begin on Monday at 4 pm. After the progress made in classes this week, both by me and by the students, I am so excited that Bethel can offer this intensive practice and that I get to be a part of! The Canadian couple has lots of experience putting on camps, and the wife is an English teacher who has all sorts of resources. I have had a good time getting my feet wet on my own, but I will also be very glad to be guided by a real teacher. I know that I will learn a lot next week. Please pray for the success of the camp--that participants will be engaged, have fun and learn, that we at Bethel will be both effective teachers and witnesses, and that we can create a fun environment that is conducive to both learning and fellowship.

I am so happy to be here at Bethel, learning and experiencing. Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment